Bishopthorpe Palace, York
FHP was appointed by The Church Commissioners to carry out the mechanical and electrical design to the refurbishment project at the grade 1 listed Bishopthorpe Palace.
The project involved the replacement of all M&E systems and integration of new technologys into complex listed build.
- New gas-fired high efficiency condensing boilers utilising new and existing ornate cast iron radiators.
- Bespoke design of the new and existing heating system, located in the Chapel floor utilising forced warm air convection technology.
- New domestic hot and cold water services. Hot water provided from a gas-fired high efficiency condensing hot water generating unit.
- Fully integrated building management system controlling the heating and domestic hot water systems.
- Bespoke design of the new lighting and emergency lighting, taking into account the Grade 1 Listed ornate walls and ceilings. Feature external lighting
- Integrated wireless fire alarm system.
- Passenger lift.
- Telephone and high speed internal data systems
- Feature lighting to the building façades