Careers with FHP
Senior Electrical Engineer
We are looking for someone who recognises the balance between the technical and practical skills that are required to create outstanding building services engineering design solutions. In addition to having an excellent technical background, the successful applicant will be confident in attending client meetings and taking ownership of the projects they are involved with.
Our need to recruit comes from the success of the business and the expected growth of FHP across a variety of sectors, including Commercial, Leisure, Residential Industrial and Retail.
This is a exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to work within a renowned consultantancy, working on large scale projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way. You'll join a forward thinking team, work in a collaborative environment, and will be given opportunities to make real contributions.
- To undertake Electrical Building Services design
- Preparation of design calculations on industry standard software (Knowledge of Amtech, Cypmap, Hevacomp, Relux, Dialux & Revit is an advantage)
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by our in-house CAD team
- Representing FHP at meetings with clients and contractors
- Report writing Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Checking design calculations, drawings and specifications prepared by others on a variety of buildings within different sectors i.e. schools, hotels, offices, leisure facilities, transportation buildings, Airports etc
- Preparing drawings for drafting by our in-house CAD team Site surveys and inspections
- Manage own workload and workload of others
- Monitor site works
- Coordination between M&E disciplines across multi discipline team
- Ensure electrical design quality is maintained
- Review development of established standard details and specifications
- Manage production of standard electrical details/specifications Strategic technical decision making
- Technical responsibility for quality associated with mechanical deliverables
- Review of all mechanical submissions
- Ensure consistency of approach across package Management of cross-team works Deputise for the Lead M&E Engineer in his absence
At FHP we have a broad range of clients, end users, developers and contractors; a balance which we feel keeps us rounded as engineers and ensures that we provide the most practical, innovative design solutions.
Please only apply for this Senior Electrical Engineer position if you meet the required skills and experience criteria and your CV is free from errors. Please send your CV immediately to email@example.com quoting “REF: 101NE/SEE1804” in the subject field.
Working With Us....
A career at FHP will give you the chance to be your best. Working for us is exciting. Our people regularly have the opportunity to work on prestigious, important and iconic building and infrastructure projects with high profile clients. Currently experiencing a period of rapid growth and expansion throughout the UK and Europe, you could be joining the business at a very exciting time.
FHP provide dynamic multi-disciplinary building services consultancy delivering quality professional expertise and advice to clients across a diverse range of business sectors. Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team.
Our Head Office is based in the heart of Leeds and we also have offices in London and Sheffield in the UK.
FHP's Core Values define the way we behave and the way we work:
We seek to attract, engage, inspire and grow outstanding people
We challenge the status quo to provoke fresh thinking and transformation
We drive dynamic partnerships sharing ideas, knowledge and expertise
We always act in a professional manner to the highest possible standards
We encourage positive communication and cooperation to achieve success
When you join us, you are joining a company where the people matter. Your contribution will be valued and you’ll be offered a highly competitive salary, flexible benefits and structured professional development opportunities in return for your hard work.
We are looking for good people with great potential… So if you think you’ve got the passion, drive and commitment to join our team, please get in touch.