St Gobain Glass
FHP were appointed by Saint Gobain Glass to design and coordinate the mechanical and electrical services associated with the construction of a new Magnetron glass coating plant extension to the existing site complex.
Incorporated in to the building services design were:
- 3No new 1.4MW cooling towers and 200mm pipework distribution system.
- Ventilation systems to provide cooling to the thermo-molecular pump rooms and exhaust ductwork from the pumps.
- Compressed air distribution system and a central vacuum cleaning system.
- Bottled gas facility incorporating 6No different bottled gases, with pipework distribution systems.
- Heating by means of gas fired radiant heaters installed at high level.
- Extension to the existing site softened water system.
- Ventilation and domestic services to the new offices and changing accommodation.
- New high voltage power supplies derived from the existing site HV switchboard.
- New 11kV/400V dual 2.5MVA transformer package sub-station.
- Primary distribution to supply the building, together with dedicated process equipment connections.
- Lighting to achieve 300 lux utilising high bay type luminaires with separate task area illumination.
- Comprehensive analogue addressable fire alarm system.
- General power and data comms.
- Dedicated control and monitoring interfaces with the existing site process digital control system