Wolfsen Building – University of Hull
FHP was appointed by Hull University to design and co-ordinate the mechanical and electrical services associated with the fit out of a completely refurbished 5 storey research facility with restricted floor to ceiling heights throughout the building.
- Three independent fully air conditioned systems serving research unit facilities located from ground to the fourth floor.
- Low pressure hot water radiator heating systems serving 5th floor level offices and circulation areas on all levels.
- Constant temperature heating system serving heater battery units located in air handling equipment and zone reheater units.
- Chiller and chilled water distribution system serving air cooled coils located in air handling plants and zone cooler units.
- Domestic hot and cold water distribution systems.
- Extract air systems, including fume cupboard extract systems.
- Gas distribution system serving the research units.
- Fully integrated building management system.
- Lighting and emergency lighting.
- Fire alarm system.
- Mains switchgear and small power.
- Lighting protection.
- Passenger lift.
- High speed telephone and data systems network.